Each year you get to celebrate the fact you are growing older, which really doesn’t sound that fun, but to be honest it really depends on the age you are turning. Kids love their birthday’s, most of them eager to age up another year to be able to act cooler, get permission to do more things, and just seem more grown up. I’m guilty of being one of “those” kids. But when you get to your adult years, birthdays become less and less welcoming. However, I see it like this…
“Age is merely the number of years the world has been enjoying you”
I recently turned 20, leaving my teenage years behind me and entering the real world of adulting. However, as each birthday comes and goes, I never feel older. I get asked my age and have to think about it a while before realising that, yes, in fact I am a year older. Nothing really changes except peoples expectations for you. I’m now 20 which kind of means I have to start taking responsibility for things. We’ll see about that. For my 20th birthday celebration this year, I rocked out to one of my favourite punk pop bands live, had a Stitch, yes from Lilo and Stitch, themed bbq and went book shopping. No afternoon tea, champagne and grown up talk just yet.
I had a great celebration into adulthood and a month later still don’t feel like an adult. Like Walt Disney once said, “adults are only kids grown up”. He was a man of many wise words but those ones speak to me more than ever. Age is merely a number, don’t let it stop you doing things you want to do. At 20, I had a Stitch themed party and don’t regret it one bit.
until next time,
Welcome Back!!! I was nominated by the lovely Natalie from Natty Vinh for this award which was so kind of her so go check out her blog for travel, beauty and lifestyle posts.
- Each nominee must THANK the person who nominated them and link their blog in the post ☑️
- They must include the rules and add the blog award badge as an image ☑️
- Must add 7 facts about them ☑️
- Then nominate 15 people
- I’m a very organised and planner based person. I can’t do electronic calendars or planning apps, everything has to be written down on paper, hence the love of my bullet journal.
- Creme Eggs are my weak spot. Every time Easter comes around, my fridge is always filled with boxes upon boxes of them. They become like my fruit supplement, I only allow myself one a day but if I could, I would live off them.
- I’ve recently realised that my past has effected me more than I thought. Some people say that past relationships help you grow but all mine has done is drag me down. I never used to be this insecure (not sure that’s the right word) about myself.
- My idol has and will always be the man that invented the mouse…Mr Walt Disney. What I would do to meet him and thank him.
- Ed Sheeran has become one of my new favourite artists and you all probably know why. My favourite songs from him are, Drunk, Gold Rush, Gallaway Girl, Barcelona, Nancy Mulligan and Bibia Be Ye Ye.
- I can’t wait for the day that I have my own home and get to paint and decorate it as I please.
- Another one about the future, I really want two dogs when I’m older, a french bulldog and an Australian (or German, both equally cute and gorgeous) Shepard.
My Nominees: (warning you now, I will never be able to nominate more than about five bloggers at one time, I don’t know what it is but I find it really. However, everyone I nominate is for a reason, I love their blogs, their content, their pictures, and they are just all so lovely)
Amelia from Rosetintedpics
Abi from Abisays.co.ukAbi from Abisays.co.uk
Natalie from The Pixie Dusted Disney Freak
Mercy from Mercyish
I love these tag, award posts as they are a great way to recognise fellow bloggers so be sure to check out some of the girls I’ve mentioned, they all have amazing blogs with awesome content.
Thank you again to Natalie for nominating me and until next time,
twitter | instagram | goodreads | bloglovin’
Check Out My Last Blog Post
A-Z of Me
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM
Welcome Back!!! Another month is coming to an end so another favourites post is here. I seriously can’t believe it’s December in a couple of days. Christmas is going to fly here and I’m so ready but also so not. Christmas is my favourite time of year so I can’t wait for it to be here yet it’s over so quickly so I’m trying to savour the festive activities as much as possible. Anyway, enough about Christmas. What have I been loving during the month of November? Not a lot of new things and a few rediscoveries.
- Morphs 35T Palette: This a very recent favourite of mine but I absolutely adore it so I couldn’t not feature it. It’s just the perfect palette for autumn and winter. It enables me to stay in my comfort zone of browns but also allows me to step out of it sometimes with the option of pinks and deep purples. For only £21.00, you can’t go wrong. I rave about it in my First Impressions: Morphore 35T post.
- Revlon Colour Burst in Sunbaked 044: I rediscovered this as I was rummaging through my old makeup bag for my brown pencil eyeliner. I spotted this and thought I’d apply it for the day not realising that it would soon be my go-to lip product for the month of November. I’ve been wearing this every single day since rediscovering it and I love it. It’s truly “my lips but better” shade for me.
- Lacoste Eau De Lacoste L.12.12 Pour Elle Elegant: (not going to lie, I wrote down everything that was on the outer box as I have no clue the real name). My boyfriends parents got me this after their travels which was so sweet of them and since my Flowerbomb perfume ran out this month (Empties # 5| November) I’ve been gravitating towards this one. I would say it’s a fresh floral scent but I’m not too sure, all I know is that I’ve been loving wearing it this month.
- Converse: Most people just tend to get the regular Converse, the white or black ones. But personally, I don’t like following the crowd, so I get every colour other than black and white. I’ve been loving wearing my brown/purple Converse this month. They are a great way to spice up a plain outfit and the colour is just perfect for autumn.
- Mike Lake: Who you ask? An amazing musician that’s who. He hasn’t posted a video in a while which makes me so upset but he says he’s got a new one coming this week or next so I can’t wait!!! Please go check him out. He does amazing covers and bathroom jams on Instagram.
- What We Got (Mickey’s Birthday Song) – Tony Ferrari
- Sherry – Jersey Boys
I’ve been loving my entire Country Chill playlist on Spotify as well. And I can’t forget my Christmas tunes. Santa Tell me by Ariana Grande is amazing.
I can’t believe we’re nearly into December, where as 2016 gone?! What have you been loving this month? Are any of my favourites also yours? Let’s chat in the comments. It’s truly the best part about blogging.
Thank you for reading and supporting my blog. I really want to reach 400 followers by the end of year, let’s try and make that happen because it would be amazing for 2016 to go out with a bang.
until next time,
Check Out My Last Post
Plan With Me | My Bujo
Empties #5 | November
The Versatile Blogger Award
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM
Welcome Back!!! October came and went and I’m bet you everything in the world that November will do the same meaning Christmas will be here in no time and I can not wait. 58 days and counting.
Beauty: October didn’t really see my discover many new products but instead rediscover some old classics.
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: I tried this concealer way back when it first got released and I liked it but I got the wrong shade so never really grew to love it. However, when my go-to Collection Lasting Perfection concealer was out of stock, I decided to try this one out again and this time I’ve fallen in love with it. It’s such a gorgeous creamy consistency and blends out so nicely, leaving a beautiful high coverage. I tend to only use this under my eyes so I’m not sure how it performs on blemishes. This is actually my second tube since rediscovering it.
- LUSH Mint Julips Lip Scrub: This product is loved by the beauty community so I just had to try it. I didn’t really use it when I first purchased it but recently as I’ve been wearing lipstick, Macs Velvet Teddy to be more exact, I’ve fallen head over heels for this lip scrub. Because of all the natural ingredients you can’t help but lick your lips after using it, it tastes and smells divine.
- Naked 1 Palette: If you saw my “go-to autumn make-up look” post you will know how loved this palette is. However with so many amazing and gorgeous eyeshadow palettes out there, I tend to have phases with different ones. This month I rediscovered my love for the Naked 1. Gorgeous shades which I think are perfect for the autumn months and amazing pigmentation. To be honest you don’t really need anything else in a eyeshadow palette.
- Ripped Jeans: They just spice up my go-to outfit of jeans and graphic tee.
- Bomber Jacket: The one above is from Primark. It just goes with everything and it’s easy just to throw on in the morning when my brain isn’t functioning yet. And for a Primark purchase it’s made so well and is actually really warm.
- Green Tea: I’ve always been a lover of a good cup of tea but it’s usually the classic English Breakfast. However this month I started drinking green tea, don’t ask me why, I just felt like it. I started drinking it everyday and soon my go-to Tetley Green Tea ran out so I had to find a new one. That’s when I discovered my love for Cranberry Green Tea, it’s heavenly.
- My Dad Wrote A Porno Podcast: Now don’t be discouraged by the title, this podcast is laugh out loud funny. Three friends sit around together reading aloud an erotic novel called Belinda Blinked that one of the guys dad has written, it’s too funny and I’ve been loving listening to this, this month.
- Allie and Tylan: I’ve been a fan of the Gardiner Sisters for years now so when Allie Gardiner started a vlog channel with her husband Tylan, I was instantly a subscriber. These two beautiful humans are so funny, so kind and amazing. They show the world how couples are meant to treat each other and they are just awesome. My favourite videos of theirs are their NaNights which they upload on Saturdays night. It’s now my Sunday morning routine to make myself a cup of Cranberry Green Tea and watch NaNight.
Music Favourites: I’ve been loving a lot this month as commuting into London for uni is long and I need some entertainment…here are just a few I’ve been listening to the most. Although as I’m writing this I’m listening to Michael Buble’s new album and I’m really liking it.
- Fire In My Heart – Simple Plan
- Grow Up – Olly Murs
- I Ain’t Missing You – Aston Merrygold
- Nobody But Me – Michael Buble
- Shout Out To My Ex – Little Mix
- Strip No More – Lukas Graham (Spotify Session Version)
- Once Upon A Time – Say no more, it’s just an incredible show with an immensely complex yet awesome storyline and it’s so addicting. I’m currently on season 2 and I’m so excited to see where it’s heading.
- The Walking Dead – I couldn’t write this blog post without mentioning this show. That S7 Premiere was amazing, Andrew Lincoln deserves an Emmy. Some people didn’t like it and I understand why but if you’ve been watching The Walking Dead since the beginning, you clearly knew what they could do and what Negan would be like. It’s a TV show at the end of the day and I loved it.
- The Big Bang Theory – Tom and I have started watching this from the beginning on Netflix and although I will always be a true FRIENDS fan, I’ve really enjoyed watching this in bed before sleeping snuggled next to Tom. It’s a great feel good show and a complete comparison to the other two I’ve been loving this month.
My beauty favourites may have been my smallest section this month but I’ve been loving so much other stuff that I just had to include them all. I really hope you enjoyed this blog post and let me know some of your favourites this month, I always love discovering new things.
until next time,
Check Out My Last Blog Post
Review: Makeup Revolution Ultra Sculpt and Contour Kit
My Go-To Autumn Look
Tea Talk #1
Welcome Back!! As the end of another month has come and gone it’s only fair that I share with you some of the things I’ve been loving. Every YouTuber and blogger always mentions the fact that the month has gone so quickly and it feels like only yesterday it was Christmas so y’know what? I’m not going to mention that but believe me I feel it. Time goes too quickly for my liking, one half of me loves it because it means some exciting things are coming faster…Disney, FriendsFest, seeing Guys and Dolls…getting my first ever TATTOO, it also means that each second you live is speeding by, so make sure you make the most of it.
So what have I been loving in the month of June?
- Tangle Teezer – I was always skeptical about this product…is it really worth the money and as good as everyone says it is? I’m so thankful to my sister for getting it for me for my birthday… it totally lives up to the hype. (Full review to come soon)
- Lash Sensational Luscious Mascara – the more I’m using this mascara the more I love it. The original Lash Sensational mascara WAS my holy grail but I think the Luscious one has taken it’s place…a BIG statement for me. (Click here for a comparison of the two)
- L’Oreal Infallible 24h-Matte – high coverage, light weight, matte finish and actually lasts all day…not sure about the 24hr statement because who keeps their makeup for that long? As soon as I step through my front door after a long day that makeup is coming straight off.
- Mac Velvet Teddy Lipstick – a birthday present to myself as I’d thought I’d treat myself to my first ever Mac lipstick. So happy I went with Velvet Teddy as my first one as it’s a perfect nude shade, great for everyday wear and I feel it would suit all skin tones. It is a matte lipstick, which I like but I do feel it drying on my lips but not so much it’s unbearable and it doesn’t bother me. It also has great staying power and I never really have to touch it up.
- Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette Iconic 1 – this has been my go to eye shadow palette this month as it’s just quick and easy to grab and has great neutral shades for work. Makeup Revolution are a great affordable brand and their eyeshadow palettes are products of theirs that never disappoint with how easy they blend, their staying power and colour pay off.
- Flowerbomb by Vickor & Ralph – This perfume is a rediscovery of mine. I finished a bottle ages ago and never thought about repurchasing until I received my first ever pay cheque. I’m rubbish at describing scents but trust me it smells amazing and if you ever get the chance, go and sniff it.
- My Bullet Journal – I’ve really gotten back into my bullet journal this month after not being too fussed about it and I’m loving it to keep track on various things and it just allows me to be more organised (hear all about it here)
- Sims 4 – my new computer allowed Sims 4 to work properly again and I’ve been taking advantage of that and I’m loving it. I’ve always been a Simmer… person who plays sims. I remember getting Sims: House Party when it came out back in early 2000s and I’ve played every Sims game since…2,3 and 4.
- Sacconejolys – always knew about them from Zoella but never watched their own videos until recently. I absolutely adore them and as soon as I get home from work I grab a snack and watch their latest vlog to relax before getting on with my evening.
- Pixels and Pixie Dust – I’ve always wanted to participate in the Disney College Program but May and June saw me really start researching it and getting into it. I discovered Pixels and Pixie Dust, a lovely girl called Megan from New Zealand who vlogged her whole experience on the DCP. I’ve been obsessed with her videos.
- The Walking Dead – Tom has never seen The Walking Dead before so I said I would rewatch it with him. We are currently at the beginning of season 5 and not only has he fallen in love with it, I’ve adored rewatching and seeing the characters develop and grow all over again. I will never get old of this series.
- Send My Love – Adele
- Can’t Stop This Feeling – JT
- New Girl – Reggie ‘N’ Bollie
What things have you been loving this month? Have we been loving the same things? Let me know in the comments.
What to know what books I’ve been loving in June? Check out my June Wrap Up & July TBR.
until next time…
twitter | instagram | goodreads
Check Out Last Blog Post:
June Wrap Up & July TBR
Empties #1 | June
Holy Grail Mascara
My Bullet Journal
My Birthday Haul