TWITTER | INSTAGRAM
Welcome Back!!! It’s officially 2017, who can believe it? I hope you all had a fun and safe New Years Eve and aren’t feeling the effects too much today. I was sensible and down 12 glasses of water before I went to bed so no hangover for me, thank god! Anyway, let’s go back a week or so and remember Christmas. I was spoilt rotten this year by my family and boyfriend and even his family got me a few goodies. I can’t believe some of the things I received this year, I’m feeling very lucky. However, now Christmas is over and all the presents are unwrapped, I just now have the horrible task of finding a home for all my new gifts. So without further ado, let’s jump straight into it…
Where to start? I’ll start with the things I couldn’t photography for this blog post because I was lucky enough to receive some fantastic tickets this year. My parents got me Strictly Come Dancing Tour tickets, Cinderella Panto tickets as well as Aladdin tickets. I’m super excited to see all these shows and what’s great is they are all in January and February so I don’t have to wait long. However, my main gift from my parents this year was a brand new pair of Uggs…grey minis, the exact ones on my Christmas Wish List (have a peek here) but I couldn’t photograph them because we’ve had to exchange them for a smaller size. I can’t wait to start wearing them though because if I could wear Uggs every minute of every hour I would. They are my favourite type of shoes to wear, especially in the winter.
- Vikor&Ralph Flowerbomb Perfume – This perfume is my all time favourite so when I opened this stunning box I was so happy. It comes with a 50ml bottle, perfect for my dressing table and a 7.5ml travel spray, perfect for my handbag.
- Real Techniques Brow Set – I’ve been eyeing up this RT set for ages now so I’m so happy to finally have my hands on it. And yes, it lives up to my expectation of the Real Technique brushes. I’ve been using them since Christmas Day and they really make my eyebrows look “on fleet”…even if I do say so myself.
- Tweezermen Tweezers – Ever since my sister got a pair of these, I’ve been “borrowing” hers. They are just amazing tweezers that get every stray hair plucked without it hurting. I love them and now I have my own pair my sister won’t need to hide hers from me anymore.
- Brush Techniques Makeup Brush Cleansing Spray – I’ve never tried an actual product marketed for cleaning your brushes, I’ve just always used Johnson’s baby shampoo so I’m excited to see how it compares.
- Vaseline Original (in fancy packaging for Christmas) – because you can never have enough lip balms and the packaging is so cute, no wonder my mum couldn’t resist picking them up.
- The Body Shop Honeymania Shower Gel – I think it’s becoming a little tradition for my mum to put a giant Body Shop shower gel in my stocking each year. I love them so I’m not complaining and this scent is gorgeous. When I unwrapped it and saw “honey” I wasn’t sure I was going to be a fan of the scent but it’s not sweet at all and it smells divine. I also received The Body Shop bath melt in the same scent.
- Quotes – My mum knows how much I love quotes and these two are just gorgeous. The quotes themselves are lovely but I love how they are displayed as well and I can’t wait to put them up on my wall.
- Onesie & Slippers – I love a good onesie, I think I own a total of six now, ranging from Disney ones, to teddy bear ones and now this one. I pretty much live in them who I’m just chilling at home. This one is from Boohoo. I was also in desperate need of some slippers and I love slipper boots and with the onesie and slippers matching, my life is complete.
- DVDs – For Christmas I specifically asked for my three favourite Disney films with the new artwork DVD sleeves as I want to one day collect them all and be able to display them all with all of them matching. I was super happy when I unwrapped all three. My collection has started.
Seeing as I had quite a few books on my wish list this year, when I unwrapped these four, I was so excited. These four were my top priorities so to now own them all is amazing.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Illustrated Edition) by JK Rowling
- Six of Crows & Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
- Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them Screenplay by JK Rowling
I got other little pieces like a two pack of the Real Technique Miracle Complexion sponges as these are my go to tools to apply my foundation and concealer. I also received a tube of Maybelline Falsies mascara and some chocolate.
Now moving onto what Tom got me. I still can’t wrap my head around some of the gifts he got me. But before that, his mum and stepdad kindly brought me a couple of pieces.
- Disney 2017 Calendar – the artwork is just stunning and I haven’t actually owned a calendar like this for years so I’m excited to use it.
- The Disney Book – I can’t wait to read this book from front to back as I think it’s going to have some amazing facts inside. It also comes with an original film strip from the movie Brave, which is just AWESOME!!!
So what did Tom get me?
- The Walking Dead frames – He gave me a Michonne one at the beginning of the month as a “congrats on uni” present and said it was a clue to my Christmas present. I now own the entire collection all signed by the artist. They must have cost a fortune. I literally can’t stop staring at them, they are stunning. And yes, I am a huge fan of The Walking Dead and actually got Tom into it when we first started going out.
I’m 19 yet I love a good cuddly toy. Tom treated me to a medium sized Baymax as I’ve been lusting over a Baymax plush since seeing it it when we went to Walt Disney World. He also got me the Limited Edition Christmas Minnie for this year and my favourite little bear…Winnie The Pooh. But the most amazing part about this Winnie The Pooh is that they don’t display him. You have to know about him to be able to buy him. He’s the 90th anniversary edition and really rare. He’s my favourite toy Tom has ever and probably will ever get me. He’s just so cute…Winnie the Pooh not Tom, haha!!
Tom also got me the most stunning pair of Swarovski earrings which I’m going to be saving for special occasions and also Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them Screenplay. Now you may be wondering, you got this from your family? And yes I did and I told Tom this as I opened it. But he simply replied, “yes, but you don’t have this one”. I was so confused until he opened it up…
Yes that’s right, he got it signed by the two graphic designers who worked on the film. Don’t ask me how but I nearly cried when I found this out. This present is so incredibly thoughtful because if you didn’t know my dream job is to be a graphic designer. I will forever cherish this copy and I’m keeping both copies I got so I can read one and keep one as a keepsake.
I told you I got spoilt rotten this year. Tom also got me a few bit and bobs, some Harry Potter stickers, a tote bag from when he went to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and some good old fluffy socks from Primark.
I hope you enjoyed this post and if you managed to get to the end I congratulate you as it was quite a long one.
What did you get for Christmas? Let’s chat in the comments.
until next time,
Check Out My Last Blog Post
Thank you for the Memories
MOTD: Christmas Day