Welcome Back!!! With so many books in the world it’s hard to keep up. However, it’s especially hard to keep up with your favourite authors or authors you’ve already read from when new ones are appearing on the scene left right and centre. I have my auto-buy authors, which is a whole different blog post in itself but authors that I’ve only read one of their books and I say to myself that I will read more because I loved their writing style, their worlds, plot lines and story ideas or even their characters, but it gets to six months or even a year later and I still haven’t got round to reading more of their work. Now this list could go on for ages but here are just a few I want to read more of in this year.
- Lisa Williamson – the author of one of my all time favourite books, The Art of Being Normal. Her second book, All About Mia, one of my most anticipated releases of 2017, came out in February and I can’t wait to pick it up, I just can’t afford it right now…student struggles.
- Neil Gaiman – I’ve only read The Ocean At The End Of The Lane by Neil Gaiman and I really enjoyed it, it wasn’t the best book I’ve read but I was really intrigued with his writing style and the way he wrote about magical realism. However, the reason I haven’t read more from him is because I don’t really know where to start. Please let me know if you’ve read a lot by him.
- Matthew Quick – Matthew Quicks Silver Lining’s Playbook is one of my favourite contemporaries and I REALLY want to read more from him and I don’t have an excuse as to why I haven’t.
- Patrick Ness – I read The Rest Of Us Just Live Here back in the summer of 2016 and really liked it. I then picked up all his other current releases at the time, The Walking Chaos trilogy and More Than This as I was in a Patrick Ness phrase. I then tried to read More Than This and got about 150-200 pages in and gave it up. I really want to give it another try and also try and start The Knife of Never Letting Go. I’ve heard nothing but brilliant things about this author and most people’s least favourite book is The Rest of Us Just Live Here and if I really enjoyed it, I will most likely love his other releases.
- Marie Lu – I read her Legend trilogy at the very beginning of 2016 and adored it. I loved the world, the plot lines and twists, the characters and the relationship between June and Day. This trilogy was one of my top reads of 2016. I really want to get to her other trilogy, The Young Elites but once again money is a real issue at the moment. Books are right at the bottom of the priority list after uni supplies, train travel to uni and all my car bills.
These are only a hand picked few, and authors I really want to get around to reading this year but I know there are so many more out there that I just haven’t thought of.
What authors do you want to read more of? Let’s chat in the comments.
until next time,
Check Out My Last Blog Post