Welcome Back!!! To just point out the elephant in the room, yes I have gone back to my old banner format, just with a few changes. I LOVED my new banners but each blog post took that much longer to create and post for you guys and with uni taking up most of my time, I’d rather put quality and time into my content rather than my blog headers. So although I loved them, it’s easier for the time being to return to my old format.
Anyway, in February I seemed to be finishing product after product after product. Once again, most of all these products I already know and love, with a few newbies in the mix.
- Garnier Ultimate Blends Shampoo and Conditioner – I think these bottles have may been my fourth or fifth time repurchasing these. I love how much they help my dry and frizzy hair. I can’t tell you how much they have improved the condition of my hair and when they are always on sale in Superdrug, for less than £2 a bottle, they are perfect for a girl on a student budget…aka me for the next three years.
Repurchase? Of course. However, I haven’t managed to pick up a new round just yet and have ended up using whatever products are in my shower. I’m desperate to pick them up again soon.
- Right Guard Women: This is my second can of this deodorant and after having a break from it, when using it again, I realised that I do really love this product as it performs so well for me. (I rave about it more in my November Empties)
Repurchase? Yes, already onto my back up can.
- Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water – Everyone and their mum…even my mum uses it, loves this product and I understand why. I have completely lost count the amount of times I have repurchased this product, I want to say around the 15-20 mark. I have been using this product to remove for makeup for years. My sister first discovered it when it first came out and myself, my sister and my mum have been using it ever since. It’s an amazing product and great valve for money.
Repurchase? The day I don’t repurchase this will be a shock to the system.
- Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder – I’m unsure on this product. It’s pricier than my other go-to powder, Rimmel Stay Matte, but it worked really well. It didn’t ever feel like I had powder on and it never transferred onto my glasses, which the Stay Matte does, which annoys me. The Bourjois one, helped me stay matte…I think, it could have just been that the L’Oreal Infallible foundation stayed matte for the entire day, but I never had to top up with the Bourjois powder.
Repurchase? I’m not sure. I probably won’t be picking it up for the time being as it is double the price of my current powder, Rimmel Stay Matte and I’m a student on a very small budget so need to save money where I can. But saying that, the Stay Matte makes me feel more cakey and transfers onto clothing (and glasses!) more easily. I never had this problem with the Bourjois one?
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation – It’s funny how discovering a new product can alter your entire makeup routine and make you question your holy grail product. This foundation used to be my holy grail, I’ve repurchased it countless times and never did my makeup without it. Then I found the L’Oreal Infallible Matte and fell head over heels for it and haven’t used another foundation since. I decided to use this one up on my “no makeup” makeup days and I still do really like it. It’s lightweight with a dewy finish, which is perfect for the summer months and I would still use it if I was going for this look but for an everyday base, the L’Oreal Infallible in my new favourite.
Repurchase? Maybe when the weather gets warmer and I want that dewy finish but I’m currently loving the matte look and I can’t get enough of the L’Oreal one. Also, the Bourjois foundation is £9.99 compared to the L’Oreal Infallible retailing at £7.99, which I know is only a £2.00 difference but for a student, that £2.00 could buy a much needed coffee…or hot chocolate in my case.
A lot of empties this month, which is a good thing, I now have a very good excuse to buy more makeup and try new products. But it’s also really bad as I don’t really have money to restock my collection, even if I do justify makeup as a necessity.
Do you have any of the same favourites? Have you tried any of the products I mentioned in today’s post? What are your thoughts? Let’s chat in the comments.
until next time,
Check Out My Last Post