Welcome Back!!! One day left in February and I know I won’t finish the book I’m currently reading before March hits us so it’s time for my monthly wrap up. In February I managed to complete 3 books but one of them I was already in the midst of when February rolled around.
February Wrap Up
- Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland (⭐️⭐️⭐️.75)
- Cress by Marissa Meyer (#3 Lunar Chronicles) (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.5)
I really enjoyed all the books I finished this month but Cress and Anna stand out the most for me. I’m a lover of contemporaries so usually any romance I read I love but there was something about this book that just made me fall in love with it, like most people. I throughly enjoyed the third instalment of the Lunar Chronicles, Cress but I did find it a bit slow (SPOILER) when all the characters go spilt up from one another, hence the knock of the star. It’s definitely not my favourite book of the series so far, Cinder is still my favourite book and character but I’m still loving this series and can’t wait to read Winter. Which leads me onto my….
- Winter by Marissa Meyer
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber
- Hold Back the Stars by Katie Khan
I want to jump straight into Winter when I’ve finished my current read and I think the reason my enjoyment of Cress suffered was because I waited too long between Scarlet and Cress. And plus, Cress left on an awesome cliffhanger so I want to know what happens. However, Winter is one BIG book so I’m not sure I’ll get round to reading the other two but I want to try.
- Wonder by RJ Palacio – I’m enjoying it but I’m really not that fussed on it as of yet. The subject of the story is really interesting, I’m just not attached to any of the characters and that’s a major thing for me when reading. I have to feel a connection to really enjoy the story.
Overall I’m pleased with what I read in February, the books weren’t bad ratings nor were they amazing 5 star reads for me. I’m a little disappointed that I only read 2 books cover to cover but life got in the way, especially with uni picking back up.
What did you read in February? Have you read any the books that are on my March TBR? Let’s chat in the comments.
until next time,