Welcome Back!!! I’ve come to that point in my life where I look at my bookshelves and feel like I have nothing to read, similar to girls with having no clothes in their wardrobe even though it’s jam packed and the doors won’t close. However, I’m a student and seriously can’t even afford to buy a single book right now so I’m just going to fantasise over the books that are coming out this year that I most likely won’t be able to buy and read for ages but I desperately want.
I don’t tend to get very excited for book releases from authors I haven’t read before or aren’t a continuation of a series I’ve read and loved so my list doesn’t feature any debut author releases. I tend to only get excited for those releases after they have been published and I’ve heard raved reviews about them.
- A List of Cages by Robin Roe – I know this is already out as I’m really late in posting this but I’ve heard nothing by amazing things about it and I really want to get my hands on it. (January 10th 2017)
- Wires and Nerve by Marissa Meyer – Another book that is already out…opsie. This is a graphic novel spin off series from The Lunar Chronicles and it focuses on Iko which is awesome and really want to read it. I loved Cinder and Scarlet, I’m currently reading Cress and love being back with these characters and in this world. (January 31st 2017)
- The Song Rising by Samantha Shannon – This is the third book in The Bone Season series. I read the first book, The Bone Season back in 2015 and it was one of my favourite reads of that year. The second book, The Mime Order is a little intimidating as it’s so big and I’m worried I’ve forgotten a lot that happened in the first book. But saying that, it doesn’t make me any less excited for the next book to be released. (March 7th 2017)
- Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han – To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before and P.S I Still Love You were meant to be a duology but last year Jenny Han announced a third book in this now trilogy. I absolutely adored the first two books in these trilogy and I can’t wait to see how it wraps up, I just hope it’s not a flop. (May 2nd 2017)
- Release by Patrick Ness – I’ve only read one of his books, The Rest of Us Just Live Here but adored it and brought all his other books, none of which I have read but want to get to soon. As soon as I saw this book on the 2017 releases page on GoodReads, I immediately knew I wanted to read it, I don’t even know what it’s about.(May 4th 2017)
- Girl Online: Going Solo by Zoe Sugg – Now you may be like, isn’t this already out? And yes you are correct but I own the other two books in this series as paperbacks so I’m just waiting for the third book to be released as a paperback so it can match the other two, sad I know. This isn’t the best written book out there but it brings me a smile to my face and it’s just a fun book to read. I’m excited to see how the series wraps up.(August 1st)
- All About Mia by Lisa Williamson – Lisa Williamson’s book, The Art of Being Normal was my favourite book I read last year and has easily reached my favourite books of all time list. I still think about it to this day so when I heard that she was releasing another book this year I just knew I had to get my hands on it. I actually only found out last week from the lovely blogger over at, Stark Reviews and that’s where the inspiration for this blog post came from. After loving Lisa’s first book, I think I will read anything she releases and will become an auto-buy for me. Let’s hope this book is as good as her first. (September 12th 2017)
Only seven books but I think I’m equally excited for each one of them and plus, I don’t really have the cash to splash on new releases so it’s quite good I’m only excited for a few and that they are fairly spaced out during the year. I’m so poor that I’m actually arranging to join my local library which I haven’t used since I was a little kid, purely because I don’t like secondhand books but my love of reading has overcome that, and I’m willing to try the library again to save me some cash.
Are you excited for any of the same releases as me? Have you read either of the books that are already out? Let’s chat in the comments.
until next time,
Check Out My Last Blog Post