Welcome Back!!! I think this may just be my biggest empties post since I started doing them back in the summer of last year. I don’t know how I managed to finish so many products this month but it wasn’t at a great time because they are all my favourites and at the moment I just don’t have the cash to be replenishing my stock this often.
- Simple Kind To Skin Protecting Light Moisturiser – I think I’ve been using this moisturiser, day and night, for about 2-3 years now. It keeps my skin hydrated but it’s not at all heavy and sinks into my skin so quickly. It also has SPF 15 so it’s great all year round. The only down side to this product that if you get it in your eyes, it stings like a motherf***er but I let that slide because I love everything else about this product so much.
Repurchase? Always. I’ve lost count how many times I’ve re-brought this product.
- Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Exfoliating Wash – Just before Christmas I was using this wonderful product but I had been consistent using it for a while so I decided to switch it up so I brought the Neutrogena Grapefruit range, which was the worst mistake I have done in a while, I’ll explain later, so I jumped straight back to this beautiful product.
Repurchase? I’ve learnt from my mistake and I’m sticking to what my skin likes and at the moment it’s this product, so yes, I’ll definitely be picking this one up again. I actually brought two at the same time so I knew I had a back up, so I’m currently going through my 5th or 6th tube of this miracle product.
- Maybelline Brow Drama – There is a lot of mixed reviews on this product but I personally love it. I think the reason some people don’t get along with this product is because of the brush style and thickness, but I think it’s amazing but it may be because I have thick eyebrows. But anyhow, I love this product, it keeps my eyebrow hairs in place all day while keeping them looking natural.
Repurchase? Yes. I think this is my third tube I’ve gone through. A common theme in this post but typically once I’ve found a product I love and works for me, I tend to stick with it for a while.
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer – Another one of my holy grail products so I can’t rave enough about this product. It’s just amazing, blends well, so creamy, matches my skin tone perfectly and just stays all day.
Repurchase? YES YES YES!!
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara – This blog post may have well been called “my holy grail products” because that’s what every product I’ve mentioned today has been. But saying that, this is my all time favourite makeup product. It just makes my lashes look amazing. However, I have recently discovered that a fresh tube, although the formula is a little wet, works so much better than after a few weeks/months and it’s dried out. That may just be personal preference but when I opened my new tube recently, the effects were so much better.
Repurchase? No thinking required, of course.
Now onto the two products that made my skin hell before my holy grail, Simple Oil Balancing Exfoliating Wash came to the rescue.
- Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Facial Wash and Daily Scrub – I used the facial wash when I was in high school and remembered loving it so I decided to pick it up again but that turned out to be a mistake. Neither I didn’t realise the previous time how bad it made my skin or they have changed the formula or my skin just doesn’t like it anymore, but whatever this reason, when I used these products this time round my skin broke out so bad. I had about 15 spots, mainly on my forehead and chin. Like every human being I’m used to a few spots here and there but my skin has never been that bad before. But as soon as I stopped using them my skin started to clear up immediately, with the help of my trusty Simple face wash. I don’t know if it was just one of the products or both but I’m not willing to test them out separately to find out which one was giving me the issues. As you can see I didn’t even finish them but I wanted to include them in this months empties to let you guys know the problems I had with these products.
Repurchase? Absolutely not and they have already reached my bin.
I think each product I mentioned today, excluding the last two, has been in a previous empties post which just shows how much I love each product otherwise I wouldn’t keep on repurchasing them. Have you had any issues with any of the products I’ve mentioned or do we share the same loves? Let’s chat in the comments.
until next time,
Check Out My Last Blog Post