Welcome Back!!! In 2016 I was experimenting more with makeup meaning I discovered loads of new and amazing products that I now live by and can’t do my everyday makeup routine without. I love finding new products to try out or buying products really hyped up to see if they live up to their expectations. I’ve never worn makeup to hide myself, I wear it to highlight my features and make the best parts of me stand out. Like drawing, design and editing, it’s one more creative outlet for the creative person I am. So without further ado, here are my makeup favourites for 2016…
- Morphe 35T Palette: This is the most recent addition to my makeup collection but I fell in love with it as soon as I received it. It has a range of shades from mattes to shimmers that allows you to create such a diverse range of looks. This palette is so affordable, only £21.00 for 35 shades and the pigmentation is incredible. I think there is one shade in this palette that doesn’t really have much colour pay off but other than that every shade is amazing. I highly recommend this palette and I can’t wait to try more from Morphe. (Review here)
- Mac’s Velvet Teddy: Before 2016 I wasn’t a huge fan of lip products, I tended just to put some lip balm and then walk out the door but when I decided to treat myself to my first Mac lipstick after hearing rave reviews on Velvet Teddy for my birthday, I fell in love…as with every product I mention in this blog post. I think I just had to find my perfect shade and I really feel Velvet Teddy is my “my lips but better” shade. It has a little transfer but not a lot and it stays all day and I can’t wait to grow my Mac collection.
- Nieva Lip Butter: I didn’t have my blog this time last year but if I did this product would have reached my yearly favourites. I’ve been using this lip balm consistently for a couple of years now. Blueberry Blush isn’t my all time favourite one, my all time favourite is the Vanilla and Macadamia one but they all do the same thing, there are just different scents. It keeps my lips dry and moisturised without feeling greasy and I don’t need to constantly top up to keep them feeling like that. If you can get your hands on a pot, I would defiantly grab one.
- Freedom Eyebrow Pomade: This product is awesome, however I have to admit I wasn’t a huge fan of it when I first started using it so I used it every once in a while. Mainly when I was going out for the night and had more makeup on as it creates a stronger looking brow. However, I gradually started to get used to it and how I liked to apply it and now I don’t fill in my brows with anything else. If you would like to a see a brow routine, let me know.
- Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Creme De Nude: At the beginning of the year I heard really good things about this being a great eyeshadow primer so I decided to pick it up and give it a go. All I can say is that it lives up to those reviews. As you can see I’ve hit pan and I’m running low because I use it everyday without fail. It gives my eyelids a perfect base for eyeshadow and no creasing happens when I have this on. Also, it’s super affordable and a great alternative to the products marketed as eyeshadow primers. Highly recommend it.
- L’Oreal Infallible 24H-Matte Foundation: I can’t get over how good this foundation is. It’s lightweight on my skin but really high coverage at the same time which is still something I can’t get over. It matches my skin perfectly and it does stay matte all day. I wore this is Disneyworld in the summer on the first day and it was SO hot and I was clearly sweating yet my foundation didn’t move at all in fact it was still on my face when I got back to the hotel. This foundation is my holy grail and I don’t think I’ll find one better for a while. (Full review here)
- Makeup Revolution Ultra Sculpt and Contour Palette: Since buying this is summer I haven’t used another product for my contour, blush or highlight. This palette is the perfect trio for me. The blush is the perfect shade, the contour shade is perfect for my skin, it doesn’t make me look muddy at all and the highlight is shimmery but not over the top. It’s PERFECTION and all three shades really compliment each other. And of course it’s Makeup Revolution so it’s super affordable. I can’t believe I’ve hit pan already, I’ll definitely be buying a back up soon. (Full Review Here)
- Real Technique Miracle Complexion Sponge: The only makeup tool I’m mentioning in this post but how could I not mention this beauty? My sister got me my first one last Christmas and since then I haven’t applied my foundation with anything else. It makes my foundation go on so smoothly and makes it look airbrushed to perfection. It definitely works better damp though.
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Luscious Mascara: Saving the best til last for sure. I adore this product so much and I discovered this product because I used to obsessed with the original, Lash Sensational and because I loved it so much, I tried the new Luscious formula and I couldn’t believe it was possible to love a product more. This mascara just does everything I want it to, it lengthens, it volumizes, keeps the curl all day and it doesn’t smudge under my eyes at all. I prefer this formula because of the oil blend and I really feel this has helped my lashes become soften and stay in better condition.
So there we have it, my favourite makeup products of 2016. I could have easily put in more products but the ones I’ve mentioned are products that since buying them I haven’t used any other as I’ve kept repurchasing them. I think I’m on my 4 or 5th tube of the Lash Sensational Luscious mascara and my 2nd or 3rd bottle of the L’Oreal Infallible. To be honest, I’ve lost count because I’ve repurchased them so much.
Do we have any of the same favourites? Let me know. Let’s chat in the comments.
Thanks for reading and supporting my blog and if you have any blog post suggestions, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments as well.
until next time,
Check Out My Last Post