Welcome Back!!! And welcome to a very special edition of monthly moments. I know that it’s a bit clique to say but 2016 has truly been the best year of my life to date and I know I’ve been documenting my best moments each month for you guys…and for myself but I thought it would be fun to take a trip down memory lane and see why 2016 has been my best year yet. So grab yourself a drink, alcoholic if you prefer and a big a** bowl of popcorn because this is going to be one hell of a long blog post.
The only place to start is at the very beginning and I know I say 2016 has been my best year and it really has but as some say, you can only have the highs once you’ve experienced the lows. At the very end of 2015, my four year long relationship broke up, I had a massive fight with my best friend where we haven’t spoken since, my kidney transplant (read all about it here) had happened in October so therefore the beginning of 2016 meant hospital check ups once a week and even meant cancelled plans on New Years Eve due to my white bloods cells dropping so much and my immune system being so low I couldn’t be around anyone incase I caught anything and ended up back in hospital. But at the end of January, January 25th to be exact, I met Tom and that’s where 2016 gets good and mine and Tom’s adventures start.
One of the goals I set myself at the beginning of 2016 was to take more pictures as previously I always did things with family and friends and forgot to capture it to look back on in the future. I recently came across a quote which I’m now trying to live my life by as I think taking pictures is so important. Of course, you don’t want to be snapping pictures so often that you aren’t living in the moment but you need photos to look back on and remember how awesome and amazing you felt right then and there.
“Taking pictures is like a return ticket to moments otherwise gone”
So without further ado, let’s take a trip down memory lane…
- Tom and I started going out. February 12th to be exact and I can’t believe it’s almost been a year already.
- My mum and I went to go see Strictly Come Dancing Live Tour
- My friend Becca and I went to see End of Longing starring Matthew Perry and seeing as we are both MASSIVE F.R.I.E.N.D.S fans we waited at the stage door to meet him and we did!!!!
- I went to see Leona Lewis live in London with my parents as a treat for my dads birthday.
- Tom and I went to go and see War Horse one final time because its’ one of my favourite West End show and it was coming to a close. Tom hadn’t seen it before so I wanted to take him so he could see it before it left the West End.
- It was mine and Toms first road trip. We went to Ashdown Forest where A.A.Milne got the inspiration for Hundred Acre Wood.
- Tom and I also went to see Wicked in the West End in March as well. One of my favourite things to do is go to the theatre so I’m forever grateful I’m only a train away from London where all the best shows are.
- I started my internship at the most amazing company. I’m still there nine months on and I’m still as happy as I was went I started. My intern gave me my love of graphic design and I can’t thank them enough for all they have taught me and the opportunities they have given me.
April was the quietest month of 2016 for me but one super exciting thing happened that unfortunately I didn’t photograph but April was the month Tom officially agreed to come to Disneyworld in the summer with my family and I.
- May 22nd 2016 was the day I posted my first ever blog post here on Sitting In The Clouds (click here to read it)
- May is also the end of Spring and beginning of Summer which meant we had our first BBQ of the year.
- Tom and I saw our favourite band in concert together…The Summer Set. It was hands down one of my favourite days of 2016 for me. It was the best concert I’ve ever seen, the weather was perfect, I think it hit 30+ degrees. We had a whole day in London, riding pedalos, eating ice-cream and going to our favourite cocktail bar.
- Tom and I also went to see Magic of the Musicals. As I mentioned previously, I love a good musical so when I heard about Magic of Musicals, I had to get Tom and I tickets. It was a night full of the best London musicals performed with a live orchestra.
June: (June Monthly Moments)
- I celebrated my 19th birthday. It was just a lovely day in the garden, laughing and spending quality time with my loved ones.
July: (July Monthly Moments)
- The biggest and probably most scariest thing I did this year was get my first ever tattoo. I’m so happy Tom was by my side the entire time as I couldn’t of done it without him.
- The UK had a massive heatwave.
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child was released and Tom and I went to go pick up our preordered copies.
- In August I had the best two weeks of my life so far…I went to Walt Disney World (full blog post here). I’ve been blessed with a wonderful life and part of my life has meant lots of amazing trips to Disney. Each one as been wonderful but to experience the Disney magic with Tom was amazing and this trip was the best one I’ve ever been on.
September: (September’s Monthly Moments)
- Tom and I went to FriendsFest. We are both massive fans of the show so when they announced FriendsFest was coming back for another year but bigger and better than last year, I couldn’t not get tickets. It was an amazing day visiting all the different Friends sets and a perfect way to cope with the Disney withdrawal symptoms. (Full blog post here)
October:(October’s Monthly Moments)
- I celebrated a year since my kidney transplant (read about it here). It was a whole weekend of celebrating and I felt so grateful for all the love and support that weekend. My family, friends and Tom have supported me through this first year where anything could have gone wrong, nothing did but it was lovely to know everyone was there for me if anything did happen. Here’s to another fantastic year with a working kidney.
- I started uni. Another scary yet exciting event to happen this year but writing this with so much uni work to do, it’s just stressful at the moment however, I know it will be worth it but it’s SO much work.
- The Walking Dead came back into my life as Season 7 premiered. Tom and I stayed up until 2am to watch it with America and it was one of the best decisions I’ve made this year. It was an amazing start to the new season.
- I went on a Chelsea FC Stadium Tour with my dad. I got him tickets for Fathers Day and it was lovely spending time with just my dad.
November: (November Monthly Moments)
- Tom and I went to see King Lear at the Barbican Theatre performed by The Royal Shakespeare Company. Tom is an aspiring actor and wants to one day to perform on the West End. He’s currently auditioning for drama school and one of his monologues is from King Lear so I got him tickets so he could see it performed by the pros.
- Tom in return got us tickets to Hogwarts in the Snow which is basically the Warner Bros. Studio Tour all Christmassy and it was a perfect way to get into the festive spirit. We are both major Harry Potter fans so although we have both done the tour before, we had never done it together, so it was lovely getting to experience it with each other.
- I went to my first ever work Christmas party and it was INCREDIBLE!! I’m so blessed to work at such an amazing company, full of amazing people.
- CHRISTMAS!!!!! My favourite time of year.
And that folks wraps up 2016 all in one post. I congratulate you if you got this far.
2016 has given me some amazing memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life. However, with each moment this year they have enabled me to learn lots of different valuable lessons. Here are just a few:
- Don’t give a f*** about what anyone else thinks about you
- As long as it feels right, just go for it
- You can always earn more money, have fun!!
- You can never have too many cuddly toys, even if you are 19 years old.
2016 will go down in history as one of the best years of my life and I’m so sad to see it end. Politics, death and other things may have dampened the year for others but I have created memories I will never forget and for me that it more important than leaving the EU or anything else that’s happened this year. I’ve been happy and healthy for the first year in my life for a long time and I will forever be grateful for my dad for giving me a second chance at life and donating his kidney. He is the reason this year has been so fantastic for me and I’m incredibly sad to see this year end. But I know 2017 will be just as good or even better because Tom’s entered my life. Here’s to another amazing year.
Thank you for all your support this year, it means the world.
until next time,
Check Out My Last Blog Post