Welcome Back!!! It’s that time of year already to create goals that none of us stick to but feel like we need to make them anyway because you know…new year new you. I actually really tried this year to accomplish the goals I set myself and although I did accomplish some, others are still left uncompleted…”start swimming” I’m looking at you. I’ve grown so much as person over this past year that no goal I set myself could of prepared me for how much more confident I’ve become. And with all that said, here are the goals I want to work towards and hopefully accomplish in the year 2017.
(Disclaimer: All header images within this blog post are taken from “unsplash”. No photos in this blog post are my own)
Let’s start with the fun one…BLOGGING GOALS:
I’ve been blogging for about 7 months now and I’ve already surpassed 400 followers which is BONKERS!! But working out these stats, I’ve created the following goals that I hope will be achievable within the new year…
- Reach 1,000 followers on WordPress
- Reach 500 followers on Instagram and Twitter
- Reach 100 followers on Bloglovin’
I want to really try and build my blog and my social media platforms in 2017. I love blogging so much that if one day it would become some sort of a “job” or even something I did more on the side, I wouldn’t complain. Of course, these are just goals and dreams but if I was just able to accomplish one I will be happy.
If you didn’t know by now, I’m a massive bookworm. I love reading. For the past 2 years I’ve been making GoodReads reading goals. 2015 I challenged myself to read 40 books, I read 53. In 2016, I challenged myself to read 55 books and I read 43. However, half way through 2016, my reading goal was stressing me out so I decided to no longer use GoodReads and instead I created an excel spreadsheet to track my reading. For me, this is a lot more relaxing and less stressful. However, I still want to set myself a challenge…
- Read 50 books. I think 50 is a good round number. 50 doesn’t sound a lot yet it’s a good reachable goal for me. It’s just under a book a week, which I think is doable as I don’t have to stress if I find myself in a reading slump but also if I’m smashing a reading month it just spurs me on more.
- Branch out in Graphic Novels. I love The Walking Dead graphic novels. Unfortunately, I haven’t read a volume in ages so it’s hard for me to get back into them (I want to reread them from the start). However, I have never reached out into any other graphic novels and I know there are so many more amazing ones out there.
- Step out of my comfort zone. I’m a lover of contemporary and will always veer towards that genre when I want to read because I know I’m going to enjoy it. However, I also LOVE books like “The Bone Season”, “The Maze Runner”, “Legend”, “Alienated”…the list goes on. If a book entertains me, it doesn’t matter what genre it fits into, I just need to break that barrier of always picking up the same types of books.
- Finish my first year of uni, happy, still loving my course, the people and with a good grade.
- Use my polaroid camera more. One of my 2016 goals was to take more pictures. This goal I completed and completed some more but I realised they were mostly all taken on my phone. I adore polaroids when I take them, I just want to make more use out of my Polaroid camera to capture pictures I can’t with a phone.
- Just be happy. 2016 has shown me that there are highs after the lows and 2016 has been my best year yet. I just want to keep that positivity going through 2017 to make sure it’s another amazing year, no matter what it throws at me.
Three goals in each category. Nine goals to work towards in 2017. 12 months to complete them in. Doable right? I hope so.
2016 was one hell of an amazing year and I’m so sad to see it come to an end but I know 2017 will be just as good or even better. I take each day as they come and I can’t wait to see what 2017 has in store for me.
Do you set goals? What goals are you setting yourself?
until next time,
Check Out My Last Post