…and will probably never end up reading. Welcome Back!!! Today’s post is going to be a controversial one for my book lovers out there but I was unhauling some of my books the other day (Book Unhaul #1) and Divergent by Veronica Roth went into the pile of books to give away to my local charity shop and I realised how many hyped books I just have no interest in ever picking up.
Now the books I’ll be mentioning will fall into one of three categories. Books I’ve tried to read but can’t get into, books that don’t peek my interest, and the only positive category, popular books I want to read but haven’t gotten round to yet…for some reason or another.
Just a quicker disclaimer, I’m sorry if any of the books I mention are your all time favourites but everyone is different so please don’t take offence.
Popular Books I’ve DNF’ed and I’m probably never pick them up again…
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak – I have tried reading this book twice now and I’ll get about 50 pages in and get confused, which follows closely by boredom. I think it’s the narration, I just can’t get used to it.
- The Fault In Our Stars by John Green – Once again I’ve tried reading this twice and I’ll get to the point where the two main characters meet outside after their session and feel a reading slump coming so I put it down.
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes – I tried reading this in summer and barely even started it before I got bored. I think I got about 10 pages in before putting in down…opsie.
Popular Books that just don’t peek my interest but others seem to LOVE…
- The Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth – Like I mentioned above, I did/still own Divergent, the first book. I purchased it in a second hand shop and only really picked it up because it was a good price and the book was in a good condition. I have never really been interested in reading these books. I haven’t even see any of the films. And the same goes for the next series….
- The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins – I brought all three books as a box set for a really good deal and truthfully only brought them because of the price. Unlike Divergent, I’m keeping hold of these books to see if my interest comes back but Divergent is going back from where it came from, a charity shop.
- The Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer – I’m taking it back old school. I’ve only recently, 2014, become an avid reader (read about how I fell in love with books here) meaning I didn’t read when Twilight was a thing, now with so many new books coming out, I have no interest in reading this series. And once again, I’ve never seen any of the films.
- The Mortal Instrumental and The Infernal Devices Series by Cassandra Clare – Just no interest at all. I know so many people love this series but I really don’t think either of the series is my cup of tea, which is funny because when I first discovered the book world, I was close to buying Clockwork Prince because of the hype surrounding it.
- The Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J.Mass – Just like all the other books I’ve mentioned, I just have no interest. Not even really sure what it’s about. I think you can probably guess that fantasy/dystopian really isn’t a genre that peaks my interest a lot, I’m much more of a contemporary lover.
Popular books I WANT to read but I haven’t got to them yet…
- Anna and the French Kiss Trilogy by Stephanie Perkins – Being such a contemporary romance YA lover I have no idea why it’s taking me so long to get to this series. EVERYONE raves about them and I just need to get my hands on them before I grow out of YA and find them childish.
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson – I love Morgan Matson. I have read all the books she’s released, apart from this one and it is on my shelf so I have no idea why I haven’t read it yet.
A very controversial blog post I know but I would love to hear your thoughts. Do you totally hate me right now for having no interest in reading your favourite books or do you agree with me? Let’s chat in the comments (a new little saying I’ve started).
What popular books will you probably never pick up? Let me know.
until next time,
P.S. As I was writing this I realised how many other popular books there are that I just don’t care on reading, so if you would like a part.2, let me know in the comments.
Check Out My Last Post