Welcome Back!!! It’s time for another monthly wrap up which I still can’t get my head around. The older you get the quicker each year just whizzes by. October though, saw my reading slump come to a end…thank god! However, I’m still not reading as quickly as I used to and that’s purely because I’ve started uni, I’m keeping up at my internship and I have a boyfriend which takes up a lot more time than you would think. However, in October I read 4 books…if you count the one I’m currently reading which I hope to finish by Monday.
Books I’ve Finished:
- Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.75)
- Hexed by Michelle Krys (⭐️⭐️⭐️)
Seeing as it was October I decided to pick up a couple reads which fitted the Halloween theme, those being Girl On The Train and Hexed. I really really enjoyed Girl On The Train, much more than I was expecting to be honest. Hexed was enjoyable and a fast read but nothing stood out for me so therefore I don’t think I’ll be continuing on with the series.
Books I’ve DNF’ed:
- Poison Princess by Kresley Cole – I only DNF’ed this book and I hate to admit it as it’s the first book in one of my all time favourite series. But I just felt that the reread was pulling me into a reading slump, which I did not want as I was just getting out of one so I put it down. At the end of the day there is nothing wrong with DNFing books. I DNFed Girl On The Train at the beginning of this year because I wasn’t feeling it and now I’ve read it and rated it 4.75 stars, showing that sometimes it is you and not the book.
Favourites: I haven’t done this segment in a while
- Favourite Book: Girl On The Train.
- Favourite Cover: Poison Princess, even though I didn’t actually read it.
- Favourite Character: Amy, I just loved her development.
- Favourite Book Quote: I don’t have one for this month unfortunately.
- The Next Together by Lauren James
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling (audiobook)
- Did I Mention I Miss You? by Estelle Maskame [book 3 in the DIMILY series]
- Short Stories from Hogwarts collection by JK Rowling
- Fairytale Beginnings by Holly Martin
All of these books are actually ebooks on my phone as I find it a lot easier…and lighter to read ebooks on my phone when on my commute into London each day for uni. It’s not a very big TBR pile but I don’t want to over achieve myself and be disappointed if I read less.
Overall, I’m really happy with what I achieved reading wise this month as it has been very hectic as you will see in my monthly moments post coming soon. I’ve recently realised that train journey’s really help you read more. So if I focus more on reading on the train rather than listening to music I should be able to read even more in November…wish me luck!!
What books did you finish this month? What are you planning on reading in November, I would love to know. If you have your own Wrap Up/TBR posts, leave them down below as well.
until next time,
Check Out My Last Blog Post