Welcome Back!!! Everyone says it at the beginning of their monthly favourites and I try not to repeat every single blogger out there but I can’t help it. How is it October already?! The rest of 2016 will fly by but OMG… I’m so ready for Autumn and Winter and Christmas and all things cold and cosy. I can finally wear my earmuffs again.
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation: My love for my old holy grail foundation came back this month and I realised how fricken amazing this foundation is. It’s defiantly not a high coverage foundation, more medium coverage but it’s perfect for work and days I want to wear some makeup and make my skin a little more perky but not over kill it with a full face of makeup. I’ve been loving applying this with my RT (real techniques) Complexion Sponge.
- Calvin Klein Sheer Creme Eyeshadow in Sheer Nectar: This is was one of the first ever eyeshadows I got way back when ( I got it in Poundland) and it’s probably not a good idea to be using it but its been part of my go-to eye look this month. This is a perfect base for a natural smokey eye. It doesn’t have great pigmentation but for a base I’ve found it works really well at keeping my eyeshadow stay all day.
- MUA Single Eyeshadow in Bronze: All I can say about this product is PIGMENTATION. This single eyeshadow from MUA was only £1 and the pigmentation is unreal. The Calvin Klein and the MUA eyeshadow combo have been my go-to eyeshadow look this month.
one swatch…that pigmentation is unreal! I’ve got Too Face eyeshadows with less pigmentation than this £1 eyeshadow.
- Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula: I brought this mositurizer back when I got my tattoo (I GOT A TATTOO | Tattoo Advice ) as my tattoo artist recommended it as a great healing cream and it certainly did the job. But I’ve continued to use it just as a normal moisturiser and it’s amazing. Not only does it make my skin super soft, it smells incredible. It’s not greasy at all when you apply it and it soaks into your skin really quickly…perfect for those days where you are in a rush.
- Garnier Ultimate Blends Sleek Restorer Shampoo & Conditioner: You’re probably sick of me talking about these two products but I can’t help but rave about them. They feature in my September Empties and I also have a review on them here. I can’t recommend them enough.
- iPhone 6 Plus: Of course I had to mention this not so little beauty. My contract for my iPhone 5C (Whats on my iPhone?) was up at the end of September so I had to get a new phone...thats just how the world works these days but unfortunately being on a student budget I couldn’t quite afford the iPhone 7. But OMG I’m in love with the 6 Plus. I could never go back to a smaller phone now. Also, big shout out to my new super cute phone case form Skinnydip.
- FriendsFest Hoodie: Apart from getting makeup all over it due to it being white (the black hoodie had sold out and I didn’t want the hot pink one), I’ve been wearing this hoodie so much. It’s super comfy and a great memory of my time this year at FriendsFest (blog post here)
- Wild World – Bastille (their entire new album is amazing)
- Future Throwback – Todd Carey (another entire album I’ve been listening to a lot this month)
- I Ain’t Missing You – Aston Merrygold (give it a go, it defiantly grows on you)
- When Will I See You Again? – Owl City (a Disney tune I can’t get enough of)
- Mobile Orchestra – Owl City (Owl City are back on my radar and I’ve been loving this album of theirs)
Bye September, Hello October. Let’s make the most of the last couple of months of 2016 and go out with a bang. I can’t wait for Autumn and the colder weather. My blanket scarf, Ugg boots and Parker jacket will back out of the wardrobe soon enough.
Thanks for reading and if you enjoyed it, let me know in the comments or by liking this post. I always love reading favourite posts as it means I can discover new products I can add to my never ending wish list.
Have you tried any of the products I’ve mentioned above? Let me know your thoughts.
until next time,
Check Out My Last Bog Post