Welcome Back!!! It’s officially the 1st of August and in July I read a total of 6 books and 1 graphic novel which I’m so happy about and mainly all thanks to the BOOKTUBE-A-THON and you can read all about my BOOKTUBE-A-THON reading here).
Books I Finished:
- Just One Year by Gayle Foreman (⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Just One Night by Gayle Foreman (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.5)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling – reread (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Walking Dead Volume 9 by Robert Kirkman (⭐️⭐️⭐️.5)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K Rowling – reread (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (⭐️⭐️⭐️.75)
Of course my rereads of Harry Potter were amazing but I seemed to enjoy the Goblet of Fire way more the second time round and Prisoner of Azkaban is my all time favourite so it never disappoints. The book that surprised me most this month was by far Just One Night as I wasn’t expecting such an amazing ending to the Just One Day duology with this novella. Although I really enjoyed Scarlet, the second half let me down, however I can’t wait to carry on with the series as I just loved how Cinder and Scarlet linked together so I excited to be introduced to Cress’ characters to see how they all interlink as well.
Books I DNF’ed (DNF – did not finish):
- You by Caroline Kepnes – I got to about page 30 in this book and the first chapter really intrigued me but after that I found it really slow and I felt it dragging me into a reading slump so I put it down. You should never feel bad for putting a book down.
- Favourite Book: The Rest of us Just Live Here
- Favourite Cover: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Favourite Character: Ito from Cinder/Scarlet
- Favourite Book Quote: ‘I just think we shouldn’t judge her, or anyone, without trying to understand them first. That maybe we should get the full story before jumping to conclusions” – Scarlet
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K.Rowling – already started
- More Than This by Patrick Ness – already started
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K Rowling
I like only setting myself four books each month as it gives my reading some structure but also allows me to pick up a book I just feel like reading without having to worry that it isn’t on my TBR.
What books did you read in July and what books are you planning on reading in August? I would love to know. Do you have any thoughts on the books I’ve mentioned and the most vital question I expect everyone to answer is….have you finished Harry Potter and the Cursed Child yet?! Your thoughts?
until next time,
Check Out My Last Blog Post: