Welcome Back!!! I’ve been using this foundation for about a month now after purchasing it when my Bourjois Air Mat foundation ran out just before my birthday in June…it features in my “Very Mini Beauty Haul“, and I’ve fallen in love with it.
My holy grail foundation USED to be the Bourjous Healthy Mix foundation, hence why I picked up the Bourjous Air Mat before the L’Oreal one but I think the L’Oreal Infallible Matte foundation has taken it’s place….here’s why:
(it also features in my June Favourites…here)
- It lasts all day – However I’m not sure about the “24HR Matte” statement though as I never wear foundation for that long. I tend to take it off as soon as I get home,so I’m not sure whether this statement is true but what I do know is that it lasts for the entirety of my day until I take it off keeping my face matte all day.
- It’s lightweight – The bottle states to have a lightweight formula and I would have to agree. I hate wearing thick foundations that I can feel on my face and that sweats off in the summer “heat” (no heat here yet in the UK) but I haven’t noticed this happen with this foundation and that’s because as soon as I apply it I can’t feel it on my face, it has a super lightweight formula that’s just a winner for me.
- It has a matte finish – This is one of my favourite things about this foundation as I’m all about that matte looking skin. It definitely is 100% matte.
- It has high coverage – This is another great thing about this foundation, not only is it lightweight so you can’t feel it on your skin, it also have a great coverage, something that isn’t very common in foundations I have tried, it’s hard to get the combination of both high coverage and lightweight but this foundation deliveries in this aspect.
- I like to apply this with a damp beauty sponge but the bottle does recommend to get the best coverage to use circlular motions with a brush. However, I love the outcome of any foundation with a damp beauty sponge and this foundation is no exceptions.
- This foundation has a choice of 6 shades which isn’t a bad range but it’s not as good as their True Match range that literally has all the colours under the sun. But with the 6 shades, I did manage to find a close to perfect match and with a little blending…down the neck, it matches perfectly.
- At £7.99 it is one of their cheaper foundations, their True Match being £9.99, so this is a great advantage. However each tube is only 35ml so I think this may reflect the price. Although, I have been using this product for just over a month now and it doesn’t seem any where near close to finishing.
(A close up of how the foundation has worn through-out the day, as you can see it has stayed put on my skin all day ( I didn’t wear primer on this day) and it’s stayed matte…win win)
So that’s it!! After a least 3 years of loving one foundation…the Bourjois Healthy Mix and don’t get me wrong, it’s still a great foundation I have found a new favourite…L’Oreal Infalliable 24HR Matte. What’s your go-to foundation? Do we share a favourite? Let me know.
until next time…
Check Out My Last Blog Post: