Before I delve into another bookish blog post, I just want to say a huge thank you as I’ve just surpassed 100 followers. I only created my blog on the 22nd of May and to have a following and such wonderful readers in such a short amount of time makes me super happy. Also, my “Empties # 1 | June ” got so much love so thank you for that as well.
Welcome Back!! June finally saw me get back into reading after a very long…too long for my liking, reading slump. Although I still didn’t read as much as I usually do or as much as I wanted but all that matters is that I read and the books I read this month gave me my love of reading back and I can’t ask for much more than that.
Book’s I Finished:
- Billy & Me by Giovanna Fletcher – reread
- Always with Love by Giovanna Fletcher (Billy & Me #2)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets – reread
- Just One Day – reread
Although I only read 4 books this month and 3 out of those 4 books were rereads that I already knew and loved so I can’t complain. I had such an enjoyable reading month rereading some of my absolute favourites.
Books I DNF’ed: (DNF – did not finish)
- The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon (The Bone Season #2) – I will pick this book up again. The Bone Season was one of my favourite books of 2015, I just wasn’t in the mood for such a big and complex book which isn’t surprising as I was coming out of a major reading slump.
- The World According to Danny Dyer by Danny Dyer – I brought this book after standing in the aisle of the store devouring the introduction, laughing my head of at Danny Dyers sarcasm. However, when I got home and started reading the first chapter it was such a different vibe to what I read in store that I wasn’t enjoying it. I love Danny Dyer and do still hope to pick this book up.
- Favourite Book: This is such a tough one but seeing as 3 of them are rereads, I’m going to say “Always with Love” by Giovanna Fletcher as my favourite book this month as it was a whole new and wonderful reading experience for me.
- Favourite Cover: For this one I’m going to cheat and say both “Billy and Me” and “Always with Love” by Giovanna Fletcher due to the fact that both of them have such amazing and MATCHING covers for a series.
- Favourite Character: Who doesn’t say Harry Potter for this one when he’s in the running? But I’m going to go for Wren in Just One Day just because of how random she is as a character but I can’t help but love her.
- Favourite Book Quote: I have two for this one and they are both from Just One Day. 1) The point of laughter is to spread happiness and 2) We are born in one day. We die in one day. We can change in one day. And we can fall in love in one day. Anything can happen in just one day.
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson – This is will my third book of hers and I cannot wait, I just love everything I have read by her so far; Since You’ve Been Gone and Second Chance Summer (which features in my “Top 5 Contemporaries”).
- Just One Year by Gayle Foreman – The only reason I reread Just One Day, although I’m super happy I did, was to dive straight into Willems POV with this book. I just want to know his side of the story.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling – Hoping to have reread the entire series before my trip to America…and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling
I’ve only set myself 4 books this month because I don’t want to pressure myself as I have just got out of a reading slump but if I do read more that’s great, if I don’t that’s good too…as long as I’m reading I’m happy.
What books did you complete this month and what books are on your TBR for July? Leave them below or if you have your own blog posts, leave a link!! I love discovering new blogs and new books…it’s a win win.
Let me know your thoughts on how I’ve laid out this blog post with the images and the extra section of “favourites”. I always love hearing your opinions to make my blog better.
until next time…
twitter: @rachelcerys_xo| instagram: @rachelcerysbutcher | goodreads: @rachelcerys_xo
Check Out My Last Blog Post:
Related Posts You May Also Enjoy: